Oily skin needs moisture as much as any other type of skin. Moisturisers are especially important for individuals who use strong cleansing agents to help treat pimples problems vulnerable skin or oily skin, as cleansing agents often strip away the skins organic moisture. As a result, the skin reacts by producing more oil to secure itself. Using a moisturiser made for shiny skin helps hydrate the skin and reduces oil production in the skin. When shopping for moisturisers for shiny skin, look for oil-free lotions, gels and serums.
Determine your skin care needs.
• If you have only an oily t-zone (forehead, nose and chin) you do not need the same moisturiser as someone with cystic and severe acne. You may need a moisturiser for shiny areas and a bulkier moisturiser for dry areas.
• For excessive oily skin or imperfections, you may need a moisturising gel along with a serum to hydrate your skin and management your break-outs.
Look for an "oily skin" label on cream bottles. You should also see the words "water-based," "oil-free," or "non-comedogenic," which means the product won't aggrivate your skin.
• Lotions for oily skin are light and process quickly into the skin without leaving remains. Many contain components like alpha-hydroxy acid for treating acne.
• Protect your skin from sunlight by choosing a moisturiser for oily skin with SPF 15 or higher.
Gels: Try a gel if you are reluctant to put lotion on your face. Many individuals with oily skin prefer gels to lotions as gels are soothing and dry almost instantly. Gels contain humectants that attract moisture to the skin without creating excess oils.
• Look for oil-free moisturising gels made with 100 % organic components such as natural aloe-vera that help to cure acne-prone skin, or tomato, which manages oil. Natural ingredients help to cure skin that is infected from the chemicals of pimples skin care treatments or oil stripping cleansing agents.
Serums: Add oil controlling and anti-blemish serums to help hydrate and cure your skin.
• Use a serum under your oil-free lotion or gel to target a specific problem. Be sure the serum is water-based and made for oily skin. Serums include nutritional supplements that help balance moisture in your skin and management breakouts. Look for 100 % organic ingredients like aloe-vera, algae, plankton, vitamin C, sweetie, garlic or green tea.
You might also like